WordPress is the most popular CMS and is powerful application with so many themes and plugins to customize the website. Follow this guide to see how to Install WordPress in your local computer.
- PHP 7.4 or greater;
- MySQL version 5.6 OR MariaDB version 10.1 or greater;
- Apache or Nginx (these are the mos robust servers, but you can choose another option).
- Visit https://wordpress.org/download/ and download the archive;
- Unzip the archive;
- Move the archive content to webserver directorie;
- Create database for the site;
- Create a user for the database;
- Make some configurations.
Go to the website folder and edit the file wp-config.php, and then put values for the following parameters:
- DB_NAME –
- DB_USER –
- DB_PASSWORD –
- DB_HOST –
- DB_CHARSET –
- DB_COLLATE’ –
After complete these configurations, run the installation script.
Running the installation script
- Open the website url (http://localhost/website_folder/)
2. Select the language
3. Read the information and then click on the button Let’s go!
4. Put your database configuration and click the submit button
5. Click the button Run installation to continue
6. Put your site name, username, password, email and then click the button Run WordPress
7. If all goes right you will receive a confirmation message and a Log in button. Click the button to continue.
8. Put your credentials to login and have access to admin area.
How to access your website?
Now is time to customize the website using the admin area, Or if you need professional services to customize your website , or even install wordpress, you may find here.